For such a pretty looking salad, I thought the taste was a little disappointing. Not that it wasn’t enjoyable, but I was expecting the flavours to explode in my mouth, and it was more like … well, … a *pop*. Still, it’s something different, so worth a try. You never know, you may just love raw beetroot!
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
- 10g Arame
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber (finely diced)
- ½ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ Red Onion (finely diced)
- ½ Red Capsicum (finely diced)
- 1 Medium Beetroot – grated
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Almond Oil (can use olive oil or other nut oil instead)
- Pepper – just a sprinkle
Soak arame in enough water to cover it for 5-10 mins or until soft. Discard the soaking water & chop roughly. Sprinkle the salt on the diced cucumber and let sit for 5-10 mins. Dice or grate the other ingredients and place in a bowl, add arame, cucumber & the mixed dressing and toss the salad thoroughly.
Source: Honest to Goodness website