We’ve started to make our own muesli at home, and I just so happened to stumble upon this recipe. What can I say, it’s freaking amazing! A cinch to make, doesn’t use weirdo ingredients, and is mighty tasty AND healthy to boot. Give it a try, your tastebuds will thank you.
We ate this mixed into a serving of vanilla soy yoghurt and it was the bomb! Haven’t tried it with almond milk yet, but that’s next on my list.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped (I used medjool dates)
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 3 tbs cocoa (I used cacao – I think cocoa would be too sweet for me first thing in the morning!)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch salt (I used himalayan pink salt)
- Preheat oven to 200°c and line a large tray with baking paper (I used a non-stick tray instead of baking paper).
- In a large bowl, add the oats, hazelnuts, dates and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, add the melted coconut oil, cocoa, maple syrup and salt and whisk until combined.
- Pour the liquid into the large bowl and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking paper in an even layer.
- Place in the oven for 10 min stirring once after about 5 min until the top becomes slightly crispy (I forgot to stir it, it still turned out fine!)
- Allow to cool for 20 min before serving to allow it to get crispy and yummy.
Adapted from: http://www.veggieful.com/2014/06/vegan-chocolate-hazelnut-granola-recipe.html