This will blow your mind. You would not believe this isn’t artisan-made, gourmet ice-cream. Seriously – try this now! Unless it’s winter where you are, in which case put the heater on and then try this.
- ½ banana (I used mine frozen, including the peel)
- ½ cup dates, pitted (I used medjool dates)
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (or you could use agave nectar, rice malt syrup, maple, syrup, etc)
- Pinch himalayan rock salt
- 2-3 cups ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container (you could use any high-powered blender, or perhaps even a food processor) in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then to High.
- Use tamper really well to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop the machine and serve immediately.
- Note: Do not over-mix or the ice-cream will begin to melt.