What to do with a box full of ripe bananas? Make banana bread, of course! I have never baked banana bread before, mainly on account of not liking bananas. But I had to do something with all this curved yellow fruit, even it was just to make hubby a bit fat from eating a ton of bananary baked goods. As it turns out, I like banana bread. Alot. So this recipe is going to be a regular feature in our kitchen – I dare you to not like it! Apparently you can freeze it too, but ours didn’t last long enough :-)
Incase you’re after other banana recipes, I have a couple more on this blog that have also passed my “I didn’t think I liked bananas until I tried this!” test: Banana Split Cupcakes and Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
- 1/2 cup almond milk (you could use any non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I just used another 1/2 cup raw sugar)
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 175c. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and apple cider vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add milk and vinegar combination to the dry ingredients, followed by the vanilla extract and bananas. Stir until combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes (I did it for 60 mins), or until a toothpick comes out clean.